Grait Secondary Library, the heartbeat of the school, where we read, learn, discover and create!
The library, which has over 4,000 books and 12 networked laptops, aims to promote reading for pleasure and to support teachers and students with research-based learning across the curriculum. The E-library is in available in conjunction with Niospace.
When are we open?
• Monday to Friday – 7.30am to 6.00pm • We are open every break time, lunchtime and after school.
Borrowing Resources from the library
The library contains a wide range of resources – fiction, non-fiction, textbooks, DVDs, as well as magazines and newspapers. Most of these resources can be borrowed by both staff and pupils.
• Books and magazines are issued for 1 week.
• DVDs are issued for 1 night only.
• All loans can be renewed.
• Items, which are on loan, can be reserved and suggestions for new titles are always welcome.
Fines are charged for overdue items. No other books will be issued until the overdue item has been returned. If a book is lost or damaged, then it must be paid for in full.
We want to offer our students as many options as possible when it comes to reading. With your smartphone, tablet, laptop or your computer, you can take advantage of our e-books. Downloadable ofcourse. We strive to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information enabling them to be lifelong learners!